Thursday, April 26, 2012

"Carpet Rash"

I can't think of a more fun seven minutes than "Carpet Rash" by Total Control. The song bounces back and forth between two parts just rolling along. I had heard of this band through Matt Korvette of Pissed Jeans on his blog www.yellowgreenred.com, which actually had a quality interview of the band from Australia. When I think of new retro-punk stuff, kind of post-hardcore, I wouldn't look to that continent first. I'm not that worldly, but currently working on it. I've stayed on North America this entire time, so my musical taste is allowed to fly thanks to the internet. Music people should be very proud of the internet. How about Total Contol?

Henge Beat is a neat album. Tracks are very different from one another, but still maintain Total Control's sound throughout.  

No comments:

Post a Comment